Join the Board
Thank you for your interest in joining the Friends of the Library. Our board consists of a maximum of 27 members who can serve up to two three-year terms and are expected to participate actively in the functioning of the organization.
Please consider all of your obligations and weigh the amount of time you have available. Among the responsibilities of Board Members are the following:
- Attend monthly meetings, traditionally scheduled the 3rd Tuesday of each month from 6:30 to 7:30pm at a Metropolitan Library System location
- Use email as a primary form of communication among board members, staff, and volunteers
- Serve on at least 1 committee and attend committee meetings as required
- Hold an active paid membership to the Friends of the Library (annual or lifetime)
- Participate at Booksale and Friends events as a volunteer, particularly the last Thursday in February, annually, for Volunteer Shopping Night
Friends of the Library
300 NE 50th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73105
Tuesday: 9 am to Noon
Wednesday: 9 am to Noon
Thursday: 9 am to Noon
© 2022 Metropolitan Library System. All Rights Reserved.